Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hot Sunday


It was another hot one today,102. We had good services even though our attendance was down (Vacations). Janie and I were invited out to eat and had good fellowship at the Black Eye Pea. This picture is of me and the lady who treated us to lunch. One of our church members brought us a sack of tomatoes and left them in my office before the services started and as we went out to get in the car to go out to eat there was another sack of tomatoes on top of our car. We love fresh tomatoes and they will go fast. We had BLT's for supper tonight and they sure were good.
On Sunday nights I usually work on the bulletin for the next Sunday and so I have finished that and am including in the bulletin starting this Sunday the "Tribman" blog. Our congregation has a lot of older people who do not have a computer at all never mind internet access. They were curious about Tribman and so as long as there is interest I will put them in the Church bulletin.
This week will be more busy than usual. I will be gone most of next week to church camp and so will have to do double duty this week. We have nursing home services in the morning and Bible Study here Tuesday morning and Tuesday evening in Hewitt. I must go to the dentist on Friday morning and get one of my fillings fixed, a chunk of it has come out. In between these activities I must get a sermon and 3 lessons ready for camp along with a cabin devotion. I must also work up a sermon for the district ladies auxiliary meeting for I will not have time at camp to do so. The church van will have to be attended to this week also. It needs some work for it has not been moved for almost a year.
We had deacons meeting after services were over tonight and that went very well. I just called Jason and told him about it. It is about 7:30 in the morning over there and they were about to head out to the beach to let the kids go swimming in the Mediterranean sea. Well if it is 7:30 there it must be 12:30 here so I better head for bed. God bless you.

No comments: