Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday Morning


Just too busy to blog this weekend. We had good services on Sunday and on Saturday. The district ladies auxiliary met at our church Saturday and the briskets came out just right. The rest of the food was good and the fellowship was great. We had several visitors in our services Sunday. A young lady that has been going to our church for the past several years came forward wanting to be baptized and to join our church. The families that visited seem very interested in join us as well. I have prayed that the Lord would send us help and it looks as though He is.

I am very excited about the future. The way things are going in the world and especially with our country the outlook is bright indeed. My plans are to continue the sermons in Revelation right through September. In August it is back to school for me and serious work on my doctoral thesis. I want to finish it in two years if I can but that is going to mean a lot of time spent in research and study. I am worried a bit about my pastoral duties. Pastoring a church is a full time job. I do not want to neglect the needs of the congregation while I am sitting in a library researching. It will be a very delicate balancing act to schedule my time for maximum effect. My thesis will be a benefit to many not only in my congregation but also to many more outside of it.

Janie has gone to Curves and I need to take a walk. I better get going. Tuesday we have Bible study in the morning and worship services in Hewitt in the evening. Wednesday I plan to visit with Clint and his mother at the hospital in Dallas and will report on his status then. We are headed for Henderson Thursday and Friday to check on my mother and Janie's parents. We want to go to Canton trades day on Saturday morning and then back to Hillsboro. The picture is of our grandson holding a microphone giving his testimony at church camp. We are so proud of him. Janie is suffering with a pain in her right shoulder. I think it may be due to handling and holding grand kids while at camp. BenGay seems to have helped. God bless you.

No comments: