Monday, July 6, 2009

Dallas


This picture is of Jonathan our youngest grandchild. He had spilt a box of crayons on the floor of the kitchen while I was cooking some breakfast. I was impressed as I watched him, one to two crayons at a time, pick them all up. Afterward he dumped them again and his siblings helped him pick them up.

We went to Dallas today to check on Clint and his mother, Cindy. We had a good long visit with Cindy. She sent this text message to me about an hour before we left for Dallas "Walked 20 feet with help woo hoo!" Clint's right hand is a grave concern. They will operate on it tomorrow and pin two more fingers. Please make his right hand an object of your prayers. Remember the fund raiser on July 18th starting at 8:00 at Walnut Street Baptist Church in Hillsboro.

The services went well at the nursing home this morning and we had a good visit there. We took the mail by the church and stopped at the bank. One of our church members gave us some yellow squash and tomatoes out of his garden. We sure are enjoying them.

I am contemplating starting a new blog. It would be a fictional account of a person who goes through the great tribulation, ending at the seventh trumpet. It will help me and others to consider what that time will be like and what things we might be doing for the Glory of God. I envision this person blogging weekly about his experiences. When I get the story line ready I will create the blog and post a link to it here.

I do not feel like working on my taxes tonight so will put that off till tomorrow. I need to work on my camp lessons so will do that instead. I will be preaching Revival services at Liberty Baptist Church in Elkhart the week of August 16th. It is a Sunday through Wednesday revival. I am going to look over some sermons and let the Spirit lead as to what to preach. This last picture is of me out for a walk in Henderson. I brought along my harmonica and enjoyed playing it for the cows that I passed. I will never be as good at it as my father but I enjoy trying. God bless you.

No comments: