Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Revelation


I have been teaching this summer from the book of Revelation. I started with the Ladies Bible study here at our house (pictured here as the ladies were leaving today) and then took it to the pulpit on Sunday mornings. I researched and read the history of Israel going back to 1917 and would encourage you to do the same. We are getting very close to the end of this age. There is a town just 30 miles from here that has had 5 earthquakes this year. The number of earthquakes world wide are increasing year by year and have ever since 1948. I would invite you to google earthquakes and look at the data. Read Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39. There you will find that Israel's dispersion and regathering are predicted. This regathering has come to pass in our life time. In 2048 Israel will celebrate the 100 year anniversary of her independence in Palestine. The Lord said:
(Luke 21:31) "So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand. 32) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled." How long is a generation? Well, Genesis 15:13-16 would seem to indicate that it is 100 years. Whenever the clock started ticking, and I believe this generation clock has started ticking, we have less than 100 years until the Lord's return. It may have started in 1917, 1948, or 1967. I am hoping for the earliest for I am ready for the Lord to come. How about you?

Clint asked me to convey, to you all, his sincere thanks for your prayers. His surgery went well and here is the text message I got from Cindy today "Surgery over grafted more skin on his legs doing fine." Nothing new to report about his right hand just keep that in your prayers. Fund raiser will be Saturday and I plan to spend that day in my office getting some work done. Drop by and donate to a good cause and stop into my office for a visit. I plan to be there from 8:00 to 5:00 Lord willing.

Tomorrow I will take the van to be inspected and will spend some time at the office. We will be in the book of Joshua Wednesday night and back in Revelation 14 on Sunday. I caught this beautiful Sun set last week. Just had to stop and enjoy God's REVELATION of His handy work. God bless you.

No comments: