Friday, July 10, 2009

Revelation


I left my in-law's house about 9:00 this morning and took their trash over to Janie's uncle Trenton. I also carried some groceries we had picked up from the night before. I had a good visit with him and would have loved to stay all day for he was needing to train some cows and I would love to have gotten in on that but I had prior commitments. I went to TBI and picked up a book which one of the instructors had left for me. It is a book on Revelation written by one of the former pastor's of Walnut Street Baptist Church. His name was Paul Owens and I like what I have read of it so far. He was the longest pastor that the church had ever had in its 91 year history. He was there 18 years and I hope to stay longer than he did. I have been pastor there for 7 years this November. He was very well liked by the people of Hillsboro and especially by the church. That he believed the same things I do about the timing of the rapture has helped. We are going out at the 7th trumpet the way I see it. I plan to preach a sermon on the timing of the first Resurrection and the Rapture of the saints. It will give the congregation and those in radio land something to think about and consider. I went over to mother's house and had lunch with her and Steve. We had a good visit until about 2 and then I headed back to the Taylor's house. We ate supper at the Cotton Patch with the Taylors and our daughter and son-in-law and had a good time.

We plan to go and meet mother and my brothers at the cemetery in the morning. It is the one year anniversary of my father's death tomorrow. Afterward we will go by and see Bro. Davis and then head for Hillsboro.

Tomorrow night I will write the first blog entry of Tribman. I am looking forward to sharing his story with you and I hope you enjoy it. I plan to write the story in a word processor so I can print it out easily for those who do not have internet access. I may even put it in the church bulletin. The first picture is one I took this afternoon of the new cabinets and counter top, the second is a before picture taken by my daughter, the third is of the old cabinets removed and the fourth is another picture I took today. God bless you.

No comments: