Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Visit With Mother

Today I got up fairly early and did some Bible study.  The Holy Spirit of God led me to read the first 3 chapters of Genesis.  I am not sure why He wanted me to read that but I did.  There are several things that puzzle me about the creation story.  I am now bound and determined to figure these things out.  I believe that He wants me to preach from this text so when I return to Hillsboro next week after the revival I am going to dig into this text and preach some sermons from it. 
Janie and I talked with Jason and his kids today.  They are doing well.  We are really looking forward to seeing them in just 3 weeks.  I told Janie that we ought to stay up all night the Wednesday night before we leave and then go to bed about 4:00 in the afternoon on Thursday, sleep till 1:00 AM Friday morning.  The idea is to have the jet lag over with before we get to France.  It is odd to me that on the way home from our trip we will leave Frankfort, Germany at 10:00 in the morning and arrive the same day in Dallas at 2:00 in the afternoon.
Janie and I went into Henderson to do some shopping before heading over to my mother's for a visit.  Janie bought some clothes and a shower gift for a friend's child who has just married.  We also picked up some cards.  We went out to eat and had a very light lunch.  The visit with my mother went well.  She is doing good and Janie's sister, (mother's home health care nurse), still comes once a day to check the sore on her leg.  It is healing nicely.  She says it does not hurt at all and the swelling is all gone.  Mother has been making baby blankets.  She has one in the works now that is covered with yellow baby ducks.  She is selling them as it turns out and they seem to be selling fast. 
We took a walk this morning Janie went in after 1 mile and I walked another 2 miles without her.  This afternoon we got a good rain and it cooled things off.  Janie and I have just gotten back from another 1 mile walk.  I am going to review my sermons for tomorrow and then head for bed.  The picture is of me and my son-in-law waiting for the services to begin last Wednesday night.  God bless you.

No comments: