Wednesday, August 18, 2010

1953

I was born on a Tuesday a little after 3:00 AM the same year that: Color TV's went on sale, Dr. Jonas Salk discovered a vaccine for Polio, Dow Chem. invented Saran wrap, Kraft introduced Cheez-Wiz, unemployment was at 2.9%, instant ice tea was invented, John F. Kennedy got married, "From Here to Eternity" won best picture, Kelloggs introduced Sugar Smacks, and Edmund Hillary reached the summit of Mount Everest.  It was a busy year.  I have seen a lot of new gadgets in my 57 years. Microwave ovens, Satellite TV and Radio, PC's, Cell phones, and Internet.  We sure live in a changing world. 

God has blessed me through these years way above what I deserve.  I came into the world with nothing and will leave it with nothing.  Everything in between the LORD gave to me.  He gave me good parents, brothers and sisters, a wife, 3 kids, 10 grand-kids (pictured all but one), great friends, a wonderful church family, skills, knowledge, the call to preach, two houses, land, a car, furniture, clothes, computers, and the list goes on and on.  I am truly blessed of God! God bless you.

No comments: