Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Two More Days

Bear crushed by a box
I was in one of the spare bedrooms here at the house looking for something when Janie pointed to this toy bear with his head sticking out from under a box.  I laughed when I saw it and just had to snap this picture.   Sometimes I feel like that bear.  Its like something huge has landed on my back and pinned me to the ground.  A little prayer time and seeking God's face and the burden is lifted.  I noticed that the bear had the same silly, goofy smile on his face as if it did not matter whether he was burdened or not.  When I took him out from under the load he was just as happy as when the box was on his back.  That sounds like the very definition of patience to me.  To remain the same under every condition.  To be content in good times and bad.  I am going to put this little bear on the back of our couch where I can see his little smiling face and let him serve as a reminder of what I should be.
We went to a funeral this morning and it was not as hot as yesterday.  We also had a good rain that cooled things off.  All in all it was a good day.  At one point I was talking to four women at the same time.  I had one on the phone, one in the room and two on Instant Messenger.  I thought my head was going to explode.  I have a one track mind and was trying to carry on four conversations at the same time. Janie said she started to call Jason and have him call me on Skype to see if I could handle five.
Bear, My New Smiling Friend
Janie has been working on getting a new website up and running.  It is going slowly but surely.  I have helped her some but with all these funerals this week I could not help her much.  Maybe when we get back from vacation I can lend her a hand.
I have just received a call that one of my church members is not expected to live but a few weeks.  Hospice is going to come and make him as comfortable as they can.  Unless the Lord intervenes it looks like I will be preaching another funeral when I get back.
Two more days to go then Vacation.  I am really looking forward to it.  God bless you.

No comments: