Sunday, August 22, 2010

Funerals

Janie a few weeks ago about to visit at the hospital

Our services went well this morning.  I got a call on my cell phone while I was preaching. Thankfully I had remembered to put it on vibrate.  I usually leave my cell phone at home on Sundays but this time I took it with me.  It was the funeral home calling.  They knew I would be unable to answer but wanted to leave me a message.  I will preach the funeral of a man who was just a year older than me and is the son of one of our church members.  It will be a grave side service at noon on Tuesday.  So let me keep this strait. I have a funeral in the morning from 10:00 until about 1:30.  Monday night we have a family visitation at the funeral home from 6:00 to 8:00.  Then Tuesday morning a family visitation at 9:00 then a graveside service at 10:00 then another graveside service at 12:00.  At 5:00 its off to Lorena for services there and hopefully Wednesday will be a little quieter.

The food at the fellowship was really good and I ate way too much.  We had services at the nursing home this afternoon and though not many attended it was good.  I have spent this afternoon working on the two funeral sermons I will preach this week.  So I have 2 sermons down and 5 more to go before vacation.  It would seem I am getting my preaching fix before I have a 2 week preaching fast.
Well its off to church for our evening services.  God bless you.

No comments: