Friday, October 2, 2009

Walk


I went over to Janie's Uncle Trinton's house to take the trash off this morning. He was not feeling well but seemed to be okay. After a short visit I returned to the Taylor's and while Janie went off with her mother I worked on sermons. I am excited about the one for Sunday night and will think on it all the way back to Hillsboro this afternoon. It is entitled "Staring into Heaven." I took a break from getting my sermons ready and went for a hike. The difference between a hike and a walk is the backpack. I took my day pack and umbrella and had a good time of prayer walking along a fairly shady lane. I took some pictures along the way and will post three of them here. It is a wonderful way to spend a day. Start by helping someone in need then let God speak to you through His word. Then go for a long solitary walk and have a little talk with the LORD. If your name is in my cell phone you and your family came up in my conversation with the LORD. My cell phone takes good pictures when I remember to wipe the smudges off the lens. In the sport of hiking you like to save weight by carrying things that serve more than one purpose. My hiking poles are also my tent poles. My phone is also my log, camera, and prayer list. Right after snapping this last picture I sneezed. Could that be Golden Rod? God bless you.

No comments: