Saturday, October 24, 2009

Orville, I'm Back!


I had a small bowl of the best popcorn I have eaten in 20 years (picture taken by Janie today). It was the best because I have not eaten any in 20 years. Lately Frito corn chips have been on my diet. A couple of months ago I ate a corn chip and it did not cause me to break out in hives and send me to the emergency room as corn has done on many occasions. I upped the amount to 2 chips then three a day. Now I eat as many as a I want to. So today we made some popcorn and it gave me no problems at all. I use to be allergic to chocolate, corn, beans, coffee and peanuts. I have all but beans and coffee now and will try beans next. It is so good to be over these allergies. I personally think that it was Lebus Mfg. where I worked for 27 years that had something to do with these allergies. I was not allergic before Lebus and now I am not after Lebus so who knows.

We had a great time at the district Ladies Auxiliary meeting today. The sermon was outstanding and the food was excellent. Our youngest daughter and her husband are on there way to our house for a visit. They went to a drag race today and she got sunburned. It will be good to see them.

Tomorrow I will baptize a young girl before our worship service begins. The sermon will be on Revelation 17:2-6 and we are expecting an extra large number of visitors in our services. Sunday night I will be going over the Fruit of the Spirit from Galatians and Monday morning I will preach my friend's funeral. What a way to start the week. God bless you.

No comments: