Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tears

I was standing in the midst of flowers at the head of a casket my hand was wet with tears and my cheek was wet with tears but the tears were not mine. They were given to me by the grieving son and the grieving sister of the casket's occupant. That was Wednesday and I will be in the same place standing in the same spot Saturday. Funerals are not hard to officiate when the person in the casket is saved.
I took this picture Wednesday afternoon. If you look closely you can see me in the mirror. In our town there is an old fashion soda shop. A lady who visited our service one Sunday works there and I went by to visit with her. I had an Ice Cream cone and a good visit. I plan to take Janie back there to try one of their famous sandwiches.
We had great services Wednesday night. The singing was as sincerely offered to God as I guess I have ever heard. The Text from Proverbs chapter 13 was outstanding and challenging. The closing prayer was profound in its genuine honesty. The crowd was in complete harmony and the atmosphere of love just filled the air.

Janie and I, after the services, drove to Henderson and arrived a little after Midnight. We went to the hospital for her sister's surgery and we were there until a little after 3:00. She came through it just fine. While there we got a call that one of our church members was put in ICU back in Hillsboro and might have to have surgery. We fully expected to have to rush back to Hillsboro but as it turned out surgery may not be needed.

I called Bro. Davis and he is doing fairly well. I am going to try to go by and see him Friday if the LORD is willing. I also need to stop by and check on my mother but my time is limited. I need to work on the funeral sermon for Saturday and also I have not finished the sermon for Sunday. The week is nearly over and I still have much to do. Well I need to turn the laptop over to Janie and let her do her work while I go to work on sermons. God bless you.

No comments: