Sunday, October 18, 2009

Skype


We skyped with Jason for an hour and a half this afternoon and it was sure good to visit with them. We just love hearing the stories that make up their everyday life. I particularly liked the story where Jason went to a store with Lilia and began telling the clerk what he was looking for. The clerk turned to Lilia and asked her if she spoke French. The clerk began to talk to Lilia instead of Jason because Lilia speaks without an American/Texas accent. Once the lady realized that Jason understood every word she said she began to speak with him again. All in all they are doing very well. They were able to tune in to our services this morning. We had a good crowd and I cut the sermon off at just a few minutes after 12:00. Next Sunday I am going to have our music director to cut one song and have the sound man start us up a few minutes earlier. This way we can cover more ground each Sunday as we journey through Revelations.

We will be getting up at 4:00 in the morning to go down to Waco for a surgery. If all goes well there I will spend the afternoon working on my doctoral thesis. I think setting aside Monday afternoons for my Thesis work is going to work out real well. There is much that can be done right here in Hillsboro but eventually I will have to spend most of my research time at the school library.

I have not spoken with the church in Hewitt in several weeks. I'll try to call them to see how things are going. They are still in need of a pastor and we are praying God will send them a good one. Saturday we will be going to the district ladies auxiliary meeting. They are always enjoyable and the food is always outstanding. The picture is of Janie posing the Grandchildren for a picture at the family reunion. God bless you.

No comments: