Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pre-meeting


The pre-association meeting went well today. There where no real fireworks or knock down drag out fights. There was healthy discussion and, oddly enough, a couple of book reviews. Thirteen churches are requesting help from the MBA of Texas. I expect that they will all be approved at the Meeting in November. Today's meeting ended about 12:15 and we drove into Jacksonville for lunch. An hour and a half nap was the first order of business upon arriving home. I was awakened from my nap by the sound of singing. The voice was my own. I was dreaming that I was singing in church.

Jason called and they are doing very well. It looks as though they will not be coming to the States until June. Janie wants to go over to see them but it is expensive so will see. I need to settle up with the IRS first, though it looks like I will owe them very little if anything.

My food allergies seem to be subsiding. I have been eating a little bit of corn every now and then. Corn use to be my worst allergy. Just the least bit of Corn meal in foods would make me break out "emergency room" bad. I ate a couple of chips at the Mexican food restaurant today and had no ill effects.

The picture is one I took when Janie and I went walking in the rain. You can see her parents house in the distance. I am going to go walking now and get three miles in before bedtime. God bless you.

No comments: