Monday, October 19, 2009

IRS


I had received another letter from the IRS which said they would be responding to my last interaction with them by today's date. I did not hear from them so I called. The person in charge of my case was very nice and professional. They have closed my case by accepting my original return as it was filed. I will wait a few weeks to see if I get this in writing and if not will fax them a letter documenting my conversation of today. I expect the letter will arrive and this issue will become a part of the story of my life. I would give this advice to anyone being audited by the IRS. Always be courteous in your correspondence and conversations with them. It was frustrating at times and Janie had to calm me down and she was sweet and right to do so. On the phone and in all of my letters I behaved as a child of God ought to. Thank you, Lord for helping me through this!

We took a nap at noon today since we had gotten up at 4:00 this morning. All went well today and I chose to not work on my thesis this afternoon. I went to visit at the hospital this afternoon and have made several phone calls including the one to the IRS. Tomorrow afternoon will find me in the office working on the Thesis.

Janie has gone to the Ladies Auxiliary meeting and I am going to relax and watch the news. I may do a little cooking tonight that's always fun. The picture is of Janie making out a check to the church in her Sunday School class room on Sunday morning. God bless you.

No comments: