Saturday, October 3, 2009

Navarro County Baptist Association


We attended the Association messenger meeting today. It was a good meeting and good fellowship. Janie took this picture of me during the meeting. The food was really good and the annual sermon brought by Bro. Brake was very uplifting. They changed article II so that now we are an association of regular Missionary Baptist Churches in stead of an association of three messengers. I was re-elected clerk which will make my sixth term. I plan to have the minutes finished by the week after next.
Sunday will find us back in the book of Revelation and Sunday night in the book of Acts. Monday we are suppose to have a repairman come and fix our internet connection problem at the house. Next Tuesday we will attend the pre-association meeting of the Missionary Baptist Association of Texas. I am one of the clerks for the State Association and will be at this meeting to take notes. Last years meeting lasted two hours and hopefully this one will be about the same. It's a two hour drive from here and so it will consume most of that day. Wednesday will be normal and Thursday is my day off but I will move that to Saturday. Friday Janie will take her dad for a CT scan and a cancer treatment. I will try to get by and see Bro. Davis. Saturday is my mother's family renunion and my oldest sister is coming in from Denver. Well I am off to bed 6:00 comes early. God bless you.

No comments: