Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dr. Hurt


My dentist for the past 35 years died on Monday. He was a really good dentist and a good man. I will miss him even though there were times he would chew me out for not taking better care of my teeth. He liked me and I liked him. I would remind him at every visit how long he had been my dentist. When we moved to Hillsboro his receptionist and assistant told me she thought we would be getting another dentist. I told her then that the day after his funeral I would get me a new dentist. I will not be able to attend his funeral tomorrow for I will be preaching at one here. I expect there will be a huge crowd at Dr. Hurt's funeral for he was well known and well loved.

The Bible Study this morning was in doubt due to heavy rain but in spite of the weather the usual ladies came and even brought a visitor. We had a good study and real good lemon cake. The family visitation went well this evening and I have the sermon for tomorrow ready to go. I just wish I had a handle on Sunday's sermon. I think I am getting close but it will take me the rest of the week to finish it up. Revelation 17 is a tough chapter. Pictured is Dr. Hurt at work. God bless you.

No comments: