Sunday, October 11, 2009

2012

Today I preached on the subject of the seventh vial of the wrath of God. The earth right now, when seen from space, is blue in color and rather pleasant to the eye. When God's wrath is done the earth will look, from space, nothing like she does now. The oceans will be red as will the rivers, lakes, and streams. The earth will have much volcanic ash in its atmosphere and will have been shaken, burned, and beaten to a pulp. She will look all bloody and beaten from an outer space point of view. That's what happens when the wrath of God is poured out. This same kind of sight may be seen at the Cross where Jesus died. The Bible says that Jesus' appearance was marred more than any other man's. He was brutally beaten and was a bloody mass hanging there on the Cross. He endured the wrath of God the Father there on that day. He endured it in my place. He took the wrath of God upon himself so that I would not have to endure the vials of the wrath of God in the future. What a Savior is Jesus Christ my LORD.

After the sermon was over I was greeting people in foyer and a College student came up to me and asked if I had seen the preview of a movie called 2012. I had not, so she told me it depicted the very things that were described in the 16th chapter of Revelation. I told her I would try to go and see that movie and let her know what I thought. Janie and I watched the trailer for the movie online and it was intriguing. Its timing is all wrong though. We have yet to enter the seven year tribulation period and so the wrath of God is more than 7 years away. So though the Mayan's Calendar may end in 2012 the world will not. Actually the world as we know it will not change fundamentally until 1000 years after Jesus Christ returns. It is then that the earth will melt and pass away. Then mankind will continue living on a new earth. Mankind will never be annihilated.


We had services at the nursing home this afternoon and this picture is one I took just inside the entrance. I am not sure this was a good decorating choice for a nursing home. We went to visit at the hospital afterward and then home for a bit before returning to Church for services and choir practice. After choir practice a young girl wanted to talk to me about joining the church. She is about 8 years old and she was very confident that she had been saved. So after talking to her for a bit we agreed that she would come forward next Sunday to join the Church and be baptized. It is exciting to see souls saved. God bless you.

No comments: