Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bday


We went to the birthday party of the pastor of Hopewell baptist Church of Corsicanan, Texas. He is 90 years old and still pastoring. Janie took this picture of us with my cell phone. He told me that it does not matter if he preaches to a handful or to a hundred he works equally hard perparing his sermons. God bless him, he is a great man of God. The envelope I have in my hands contains the local association minute books. I saved on postage by hand delivering as many as I can. I have three sets of books left to deliver and will mail those off on Monday.

I made some progress on the jigsaw puzzle today as you can see from the picture below. I am saving the hardest part for last.

They have another bus seat ready for us and I plan to pick that up and have it installed before Wednesday night. We will not run the bus February 11th due to Janie and I being gone on vacation. We may try to take a couple of seats out so they can be worked on while we are gone. I will be singing in the morning right before I preach. I invite you to listen in to our broadcast at http://www.khbrhillsboro.com/ services start at 11:00 central time. We will be having our regular services Sunday night even with the Super Bowl on TV. Most of those who attend our evening services don't care anything about the Super Bowl, myself included, so our attendance should be the same as usual. God bless you.

No comments: