Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ed


Ed Sauls' wife Betty died yesterday. Ed Sauls served on the pulpit committee that called me to come to Walnut Street Baptist Church. Ed died three years ago and I preached his funeral. I will be preaching his wife's funeral Friday. Ed is short for my middle name Edward. The Old Testament Hebrew word "Ed" means "witness." There was an altar named "Ed" in the Old Testament which was built as a witness that the Lord God of Israel was their God. There was a pile of stones in the old testament which served as a "Ed" to a covenant. God's children, saved by His grace, are to serve as witnesses before men of the reality of the one true and living God. This is done when we live by faith. We trust in God and obey His every command.
The picture is of the bus seat we picked up Tuesday night. It is in the trunk of our car. We fold the back seat down and it fits nicely. I am going to name the bus "Ed." It is a witness to those who see it coming down the street on Wednesday night that Walnut Street Missionary Baptist Church loves lost souls and children in particular.
We will head over to Henderson tonight and return to Hillsboro tomorrow night so we can be in Dallas for the funeral Friday morning. I do tech support for a company here in Hillsboro and had to go there this morning and work out a printer problem. I came up with a suitable work around for the problem but am a little frustrated that I could not find the solution to the real problem. There is now a new computer cable in place that serves as an "Ed" to my inability to figure out the real problem. Look around you today and count how many "Ed's" you have in your world. Consider what they tell about you and your world. God bless you.

No comments: