Saturday, January 3, 2009

Still on Track


As long as a running train stays on the right track it will reach its destination. So far I have in the first three days of the year read 24 chapters in the Bible and Walked 10 miles. I am not going to weigh myself for weight loss is not my goal. My goal is to be healthy without taking meds. I have been eating small portions and very well balanced meals. Near the bottom of this blog there is a place where you can see the progress I am making in reading through the Bible. I would challenge you to keep up with or surpass me in reading through the Bible this year.

The picture is of the day after my in-law's anniversary. They had a good day in Tyler and a good report from the cancer doctor. We left their house right after this picture was taken Friday night. We went by and visited with my mother and she is doing great. She saw that I had gotten the shower out of her shed and wondered what we had gotten done at the house. I filled her in on the progress of the house how I had gotten the shower stall in and did some electrical work.

We made it back to Hillsboro and worked on the bus this morning. We have seven newly covered seats installed and one being worked on now. We plan to run the bus every Wednesday from now until spring break in March. The bus has been running very well and I expect we will reach an attendance of 60 kids by the end of January. Sunday after next we will be having a junior choir at our church. I am anxious to see them sing in our services. We went by this afternoon after dropping off the bus seat to see the property that the Faith Missionary Baptist Church have in Hewitt, Texas. They have done a lot of work on the land (pictured) and it looks great. They are very eager to get a building started and will be applying for the TMD funds.

Looking forward to good services tomorrow. We will be having a guest speaker tomorrow night. I am in prayer about the violence that is going on in Israel and Gaza. I long for the Lord to return and bring peace to this earth. God bless you.

No comments: