Friday, January 16, 2009

Read


This picture of my father-in-law is one I took with my cell phone at the hospital today. I took him to get some blood tests, CT scan, and bone scan done. We left the house about 7:45 this morning and got back about 1:30 or so this afternoon. As you can see I got him a cup of coffee to drink while he was waiting for the bone scan. Just after this picture he asked me to throw the cup away the coffee was just too strong. We had lunch at the Dairy Queen afterward and he seemed glad to get back to his chair at the house. Janie is with her mother at the eye doctor. I call this tag teaming. She takes one while I take the other. I thought I would blog before getting to work on my thesis.

While waiting at the hospital I got my cell phone out and hooked up to the Internet and read 14 chapters of the book of Deuteronomy. I forgot to get my Bible when we left the house so I had to find some way to catch up on my reading. I read the place where God instructed them to talk about His commandments when they went for a walk or when they were sitting in their homes. Janie and I do this a lot. She is reading through the Bible and also studies for her weekly ladies Bible study. With it on our minds every day we find a lot about which to talk. In the same text God instructed them to teach His word to their children. I am so proud of my children and their spouses. They all have a love for God's Holy Word and they all read it religiously. I invite those of you who have not read the entire Bible to do so this year.


I am not sure what we will do this evening. We may return to Hillsboro tonight or we may wait until the morning. It will be whatever Janie wants to do. I am planning another hike. I want to take my grandson and possibly my son-in-law on a trail in south east Texas. Probably do this during spring break. Yesterday I saw a wild pig crossing the road about 1/10 of mile from our house in Henderson. She had at least 10 little ones with her. It was quite a site. On our way to Henderson Wednesday night we saw the most incredible Moon rising we had ever seen. The picture here does not do it justice. It was very large and red as it broke over the horizon. God bless you.

No comments: