Thursday, January 22, 2009

Taxing


I have begun to work on my taxes. As a minister I am considered by the IRS as self employed. I have to keep all the receipts that are tax deductible and a whole host of other items like mileage on my car and any other travel expenses. As you can see from this picture it takes up our whole dinning room table. I will try to have it all sorted out and added up before Janie's Bible Study on Tuesday. I am at my father-in-law's house right now and will help with a few things around here while Janie is gone with her dad for his chemo therapy treatment. I am going to meet my brother Steve at the house and get some plumbing work done there before heading back to Hillsboro this evening. I plan to take my daily one hour walk and catch up on my Bible reading all before noon. We had 33 kids on the bus last night and over 40 kids in all for our mid-week Bible school. I plan to preach from the same text at the funeral tomorrow as I did three years ago at Betty Sauls' husband's funeral. I am waiting to receive the obituary from the funeral home and then I will have everything ready to go. We had a great time with the Faith church in Hewitt Tuesday night. One of the ladies was absent and we missed her. They are such a loving and friendly group that it is a joy to be around them. God bless you.

No comments: