Thursday, January 8, 2009

Shining Light


The picture is of Janie and our daughter Sarah in the back yard of my daughters home in Elkhart, Texas. The structure in the back ground is going to be a chicken Coop. Sarah likes raising chickens. She gets about 5 or 6 eggs a day. She has turned out to be a really good cook. I am so proud of her and her husband.
I was reading in the book of Exodus this morning how that Moses' face shined when he came down from the mountain after speaking with God. The people were all afraid to get near him because of his shining face. When he covered his face with a vail they were fine with being close to him. His face still shined, it was just out of sight. It is odd that you can cover up that of which you are afraid and though it still remains the fear is gone. Alcoholic beverages and cigarettes harm the internal organs of the body. But as long as you can not see the damage there is no fear. It is when you see the xray that the fear comes. As long as you can not see the problem the fear is gone. I have high blood pressure and as long as I never check it I have no fear. It is when I check it and it is high that fear comes. Don't cover up that which causes worry and fear. Face your worries and fears and take action to correct the source. The people did not need to fear Moses they needed to be like him. They needed a dose of the glory of God. They needed a vision of God in His glory. They needed to repent of sin and humble themselves before God and seek His face. Then they would show forth His glory to the world around them.
We are at my in-laws house and supper is ready. Janie and I took a walk in the moonlight and it was very enjoyable. She sure looks good by the light of the moon. God bless you.

No comments: