Thursday, January 15, 2009

Last End



This picture is of the flower bed at the front of our house in Hillsboro. The green you see in it are the flowers my mother set out while we were visiting at the nursing home. It takes about 15 minutes on average to compose a blog post and yesterday I did not have even 15 minutes to spare. We got the bus seat installed and we had 40 kids on the bus last night. We are in Henderson this morning and I plan to go and work with my brother Steve on the house.

I was reading in the book of Numbers yesterday and something that the prophet Balaam said caught my eye. He said "Let me die the death of the righteous, let my LAST END be like his." The words LAST END refered to his death. Death is our last end. We have a life full of endings. We end each day and each week and each year. We even end decades and centuries. We end school and jobs. But the last end is the most profound of them all. Balaam wanted the death of the righteous not because there is no pain in their death for Jesus was the most righteous of all and his death was full of pain and sorrow. He wanted the death of the righteous because of the place were the righteous go after they die. It is a paradise of no more pain, sorrow, death, or tears. You become righteous when you go to Jesus Christ in prayer and ask Him to forgive you of your sins and to have mercy on your soul and to save you from your sinful state. The apostle Paul said "Whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be saved." I have believed in Jesus Christ that He is my savior and I will die the death of the righteous and my last end will be like His. I pray that you too have such a relationship with Jesus Christ and that you know Him as your savior. God bless you.

No comments: