Thursday, January 22, 2009

Others


Today was about others. I suppose that is the way all days ought to be. I got a lot done for others today but little for myself. Things I do for myself would include filling out my income tax return, reading the Bible, putting together my jigsaw puzzle, walking, working on my doctoral thesis, playing a round a golf, and planning for a hiking trip. I did walk about 30 minutes today but have not read my Bible readings. I wanted to blog before I head for bed so I am sacrificing some sleep time to record how my day went. The picture is of my mother working in the yard at my house in Henderson. She has really worked hard to clean the yard up for my brother. While she was laboring in the yard we installed the sink and the water closet in the bathroom. My brother and I also hung 2 sheets of Sheetrock and went to the store and bought 6 more sheets. That should be all the Sheetrock we will have to buy. I feel best when I have done for others rather than for myself. I know of many who live their lives only for themselves and that seems such a horrible waste of the precious time God has given us here on this earth. When we do for others we are doing for the LORD. "If ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." God bless you.

No comments: