Friday, January 2, 2009

Memories


We got up early this morning for Janie to take her parents to Tyler. I cooked breakfast for everyone but only Janie and I ate it. Janie cooked my father-in-law's breakfast and my mother-in-law had a banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter. They were in kind of a hurry to get off on time. I did my Bible reading and then took off to do some plumbing. My two brothers went fishing today and I hope they had a good time. They both love to fish. I put the shower base in and the wall enclosure for the shower. They needed an electrical outlet for the washing machine so that was my next project. I have the room ready for sheetrock and will finish installing the shower and the sink when they have the sheetrock done. I worked as a plumber for two years after I got out of High School and every time I do a plumbing job I am reminded why a gave it up. My mother was not at home today when I was there. She had taken her car to have it worked on. This afternoon I will try to finish the sermon for Sunday and then get to work on my thesis. I took a one hour walk this afternoon and have eaten right so far today. That makes 2 days in a row that I have stuck to my plans, 363 more to go.
I found some objects that brought back some memories. The pictures are of two of the things that reside in my father-in-law's back yard. The car is a 1973 Opel GT which was Janie's second car and the one she was driving when I met her. The other is some sort of old farm equipment that has been under that tree for at least 35 years. When I went to take these pictures there were four buzzards standing together in the back yard. They looked at me for about 30 seconds and then one by one they took off to await, in a near by tree, my departure. By departure I mean leaving the area not my departure to Heaven, though either would have been ok with them. We plan to head back to Hillsboro tonight and work on the School bus tomorrow. The lady has another seat done which makes 7 so far. We would like to get it and bring her another one. The sermon for Sunday is entitled "Caesar's Friend." It blessed my heart and I hope it will bless all who hear it. God bless you.

No comments: