Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 Day 1


Today is my in-law's 62nd wedding anniversary. They were telling us that on the day they married it was very cold and the roads were covered with ice. The groom was late and they had to send someone to fetch him. He was sitting with his feet propped up by the fire with his father when the man they sent to get him arrived. He said the time had slipped by. Well the time has slipped by fast for the 62 years have gone like the blink of an eye. Janie went shopping yesterday and bought each of them a gift to give to one another and also a card for each to give the other. She bought them a cake and we had a little anniversary party for them just the four of us.

Tomorrow Janie will take her father for his Chemo therapy and her mother to the beauty shop. It will be a long day for them over in Tyler. I plan to work on the house and get some plumbing done tomorrow. I will try to get some work done tonight on my sermon for Sunday. My New Year is off to a good start. I have walked 2 miles and read 12 chapters in the Bible. I have eaten like I should and plan to take another walk before the Sun goes down. I repaired a water leak for my in-laws and look forward to working on my thesis tomorrow night and Saturday.
We have six newly covered seats on the bus and I got a phone call that the seventh one is ready. I would like to get one more delivered before this coming Wednesday night when we will start picking up the kids again. Well I am off for a walk, God bless you.

No comments: