Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hiking Through the Scriptures


I plan to start reading the Bible through this year from a slightly different perspective. I will hike through the scriptures. I will be concentrating on the geography of the Bible and its significance to the lives and times of the people of the Bible. I will watch for the various animals that I encounter along the trail. I will take notice of the plants and trees as I walk. My hike will not be lonely for walking with me will be Adam, Abraham, David, and Jesus. The trail will cover thousands of miles taking me through North Africa, Egypt, Israel, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Italy, and many other countries around the great sea. I can't wait to get started.

Tomorrow we will have services at the nursing home and I will work on the sermon for Sunday. The tree will come down tomorrow and many thank you notes will be written. A trip to the post office and car wash should round out the day nicely. The picture is of Janie and the grand kids at her mother's house the day after Christmas. God bless you.

No comments: