Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Friends


Friends are a wonderful thing. Friends usually have something in common. For example we have friends that are a part of our church family. I have friends who are, like me, pastors here in Hillsboro. I met this evening with the Hillsboro Ministerial Asscociation. There were round tables and we had supper together. I took a seat at one of the tables which was empty. I was soon joined by the pastors who have been in this town as long or longer than I have. We have known each other for six years and have developed close friendships. They pray for me and I pray for them. The pastor of one of the churches here in town along with his wife cooked and served our meal and it was good. Some of these pastors I have worked together with at funerals and have prayed with them on the town square. It is my hope that we will have many more years together as friends.

Janie and I moved our freezer into the house from the garage and I am going to make a place for it in the wash room. I hope to have this project completed tonight. Tomorrow we will install a seat on the bus and get ready to pick up the kids for Wednesday night.

I want to spend more time with my friends. My work and my family sometimes keeps me from spending time with my friends and when they do I know that my friends understand and many of them have the same situation. I feel the need to deliberately schedule time for friends this holiday season. The picture is of me and my best friend lighting our half of a unity candle at Jason and Angie's wedding. God bless you.

No comments: