Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve


Tis the day before Christmas and all through the house I am the only one stirring and I hope there are no mice. We have another busy day planned. My oldest daughter and her family should be here this afternoon and we need to get things ready for them. I will go up to the church here in a bit and get things setup for the evening service. We are going to have a birthday party for Jesus tonight. The word "birthday" occurs three times in the Bible. Pharaoh celebrated his birthday in Egypt with a feast and King Herod celebrated his birthday by having a supper. I suppose that this would indicate that people of importance, at least, celebrated their birthdays. Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Jesus. We will have cake and punch, maybe hot chocolate as well, tonight at church. I will bring a Christmas eave message on the subject of "What Can We Give Jesus for His Birthday."

Janie and I opened our Christmas presents to each other last night. I got two sweaters, a puzzle, a set of drill bits, an air compressor, and some flannel sheets. I gave Janie a pair of pajamas, a snuggle blanket, a book, a game, and a necklace. She was very pleased as was I.

We will be picking my youngest Sister up at the DFW airport and taking her to Henderson on the day after Christmas. We plan to visit a little with her and my mother and then run over to see Janie's parents and spend the night there. We will return to Hillsboro on Saturday. I have a new years sermon for Sunday and am anxious to preach it. My youngest daughter and her husband will be headed for Bronson the day after Christmas to spend a week there. I bet that trip will be a lot of fun for them. I better get busy, I have a lot to do before church tonight. The picture is of us at our granddaughter's birthday party. God bless you.

No comments: