Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made


(Psalms 139:14) I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. King David said it right, we are wonderfully made. Physically the human body is an absolute wonder; But there is an intangible part of our beings which is also wonderfully made, our hearts. We have this wonderful capacity to love. We learn to love our parents and our brothers and sisters. We then make and have friends which we love. Next comes love for a spouse and this is indeed a wonderful thing. The first thing that God said was not good was that man should be alone. He gave to mankind the gift of marriage. It is a time for man to leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife. That relationship ends when one of the two dies. The sorrow and mourning that follows is heart rending and serves to demonstrate how wonderfully we are made. My parents would have celebrated their 62 year anniversary this Friday the 19th of December. Janie and I will celebrate our 35th on December 27th. I want to thank my sister Jean and my Mother-in-law Charlcye for allowing the Lord to use them to get Janie and I together. It has truly been a wonderful 35 years. The picture is of my brother Ralph and his wife Denise on their wedding day. His first wife, Donna, died and God has blessed him again with another loving companion.

Janie has her ladies Bible study this morning and we will attend a funeral this afternoon. I have much work to get done today so I had better get started. Have a Merry Christmas and God bless you.

No comments: