Thursday, December 18, 2008

Schlepping (to carry with great effort, lug)


My youngest sister used this word in an email she sent to me. I like learning new words and so I looked this one up. Her use of this word was most appropriate for I am a schlep (a person who is slow or awkward). The older I get the more schleppish I become.

A new year is about to begin and I enjoy the prospect of a fresh new page in my life. We measure our lives in years and the beginning of a new year is so wonderful for it is a time to put the past behind and move forward. I have much I would like to accomplish this year. I plan to have my blood pressure under control with diet and exercise. I plan to be 1/3 of the way through my thesis by this time next year. All these plans are dependent upon God's will because His plans for my life and use of my time must come before mine.

The services at Church this morning were very good. We had a good crowd and the Cantata went very well. I will be preaching from Isaiah chapter 61 tonight and plan to use that same text tomorrow morning at the nursing home when I preach there. We will do a little shopping tomorrow and some visitation as well. The picture is of a picture frame we bought this past summer at "First Monday" Trades day in Canton, Texas. We finally got some pictures printed out and put in the frame and hung it on the wall. The top row is our oldest Daughter's children and the second row is of our Son's children. The bottom row contains pictures of us, our children and their spouses. The Lord truly has blessed our family. God bless you.

No comments: