Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas day has past


It is the day after Christmas and we have arrived in Henderson by way of the DFW airport. We met up with my sister, Peggy and gave her three hour ride to mother's house. We have left her there and are now at my in-law's house. We will spend the night here and return to Hillsboro in the morning. We had a great Christmas day. We went to bed at 3:00 am and got up at 8:30 am. The kids loved their toys and things. My son-in-law gave me a pencil sketch that he had done of a lake scene in Kosovo. He is a really good artist and this morning was working on a sketch of my father-in-law. It too was very impressive. I have no talents for art so am amazed by those who do. Janie and I had a nice visit at the airport. We waited for nearly an hour for my sister to arrive and I enjoyed her company. Our 35th anniversary is tomorrow and we have no plans for celebration. I will work on my sermons and lessons tonight which I will use Sunday. The picture is of Janie and her mother on our wedding day. God bless you

No comments: