Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Allow me first....

Jesus called a man to follow Him and to go where ever He would lead. (Luke 9:59) And Jesus said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, allow me first to go and bury my father. Our priorities rarely agree with God's. When God calls us to service we often say to Him "wait, let me do this other thing first and then I will go." There is a thin line between "Corban" and "allow me to first go..." Some focus completely on the work of the Lord and leave no room for family. Others use the least of excuses to keep from doing God's work. I started work on my thesis and it has taken a back seat to many other things. I must have the prospectus finished by the end of February and I will really have to get busy to make that deadline. It will be a balancing act to know what things should take priority over the Thesis and what should not.

The Mid-Week Bible School kids performed their Christmas program this evening and had it not been scheduled for tonight we would not have run the bus due to heavy fog. We made it to the Church and back safely and we thank God for that. My cell phone had a mind of its on while I was driving the bus tonight. It called one of our church members 11 times. They could hear the noise of the bus and wondered if the kids had overpowered me and took control of the bus. They turned their phone off and left it off until they knew that we were through with the bus run. The program was good and the ride home was very good because we had a Sheriff's deputy riding on the bus. He truly was a peace officer.

We will go over to Henderson Tomorrow and I will visit with my mother on what would have been their 62 year wedding anniversary. I will get some work done on my thesis this week, hopefully. We still need to get some Christmas shopping done and hope do some of that tomorrow. I have the sermon ready to go for Sunday. It is entitled "Gabriel's introduction of Jesus Christ to His Mother, Mary." We have business meeting Sunday night and I will bring another Christmas message for that service. The pictures are of our new bus seats and some of the children practicing the Christmas program. God bless you.

No comments: