Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ladies

It has been another good day. We went down to Gatesville, Texas for the district ladies auxiliary meeting and had good services and food. This picture was taken at that meeting. The first order of business upon returning home was to type up my sermon for Sunday. I then reviewed the Sunday School lesson and took a three mile walk. I got my Bible readings done for the day and you can still check on my progress near the bottom of the right hand column of this blog. Tomorrow's services will be special for our new junior choir will be singing for the first time.

I am thinking about taking a three day vacation in February. I would like to get away from our busy world and spend some time alone with my wife. Her birthday is in February and I plan to take her out to eat and maybe take in a movie. I have not made the kind of progress I had wanted to on my prospectus. I have only about 2000 words of the 5000 that are required. The amount of words is obviously not the goal for it would be nothing for a preacher to put down 5000 words in a very short time. The prospectus is really a mini thesis. It must contain the gist of the subject and how it will be approached. It must also contain the bibliography which must site 80 sources. I have about 47 sources right now and am still looking.
This picture is of a common site in Hill County. We followed this tractor to our church building this morning where we met the ladies that were going to ride with us to the meeting. God bless you.

No comments: