Saturday, January 31, 2009

House Work


Yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday. The picture is of her reading the birthday card that my father-in-law got her. The picture below is of her opening a birthday present next to my their new HD flat screen TV. I spent the day paying taxes and getting the car inspected and helping my brothers work on the house. We got a lot done yesterday. My brother Ralph got a lot of sheet rock mud work done. I installed the light and switch in the bathroom, the shower enclosure, and the drain pipe for the washing machine. Steve hung sheet rock in the living room. Mother burned leaves and has the yard looking good. We had lunch with mother and talked about hiking together. It looks like the three of us are going to hike together out in California. We are planning to drive out and hike the PCT for 5 days. Janie and I are going to take a vacation in February. I was telling my brothers about it and how we plan to see the Alamo, which I have never seen. Mother spoke up and said she had seen the Alamo to which Ralph responded "Was that before or after the battle?" It is no wonder he is not in her will.

The vacation in February will be a chance for me to take Janie to some places she likes to go. We will go to a mall in San Marcos and shop which she will enjoy. We will then see the Alamo and then head west to see "The Cave with no name." After that we will drive to Carlsbad and see the caverns there. All of these plans are contengent upon the LORD being willing. Our desire is that His will be done. I am going to go for a walk now and try to get in 3 or 4 miles. God bless you.

No comments: