Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Things We Do For Love


I read recently the Bible story of Jacob and his love for Rachael. He worked 7 years to have her for his wife and the Bible says they seemed but a few days to him because of the love he had for her. I know exactly how he felt! When you love someone, the measure of that love is seen in the things you are willing to do just because you love them. So take an inventory of the people you love. Think back on the things you have done for them in the past and you will have a true picture of how much you actually love them. Jesus is the ultimate example of love. I would lay down my life for Janie because I love her and she loves me. Jesus laid down his life for me even when I did not love Him in return. He still provides for my every need even though I often fail Him. He truly is a loving Savior and Lord.

The picture was taken today of me talking to Jason via the Internet. Skype is a wonderful tool. It allows us to see and talk to Jason and his family over in France. It has made their being so very far away bearable. You can see him there on the screen. Got my walking in today and my Bible readings, stuck to my diet and all is well. We just put on a pot of hot tea and will enjoy that while working on next Sunday's bulletin. I plan to go to Dallas tomorrow for a pastor's fellowship meeting, weather permitting, and have lunch with them. My afternoon will hopefully be spent working on next Sunday's sermon.
I will mention again that at the bottom of my blog you will find a progress of my reading through the Bible. See if you can catch up and surpass me in reading through the Bible. I am trying to read it through 3 times this year. I am being careful to concentrate when I read the Bible. I am not just reading it for the sake of finishing. I am reading it from a hiker's point of view this time and will read it from an eschatological point of view the next time through. Reading from different view points helps me to see new things in the scriptures that I may have missed. God bless you.

1 comment:

Paula Wolff said...

I love this particular blog. I've loved all of them but this is so special. You and Janie have become very special people to us at Faith MB Church in Perry, Lorena, McGregor, Hewitt. But I have appreciated you both simply because I see so much love between you two and your love for the Lord. Really special. Thanks for all the blogs. And keep them going! I'm trying to read the Bible this year also but maybe not 3 times. I'm not quite up with you but am trying.