Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oil

I went to have the oil changed in my car and they were out of the oil that I needed. They will order it and I can go back next week. I went to put diesel fuel in the church bus and could not find the fuel card. I finally did find it in the glove compartment on the bus and filled it up. We had 37 kids tonight at church and they were very well behaved. We had 2 teachers out but had enough workers to get everything covered.

I was on the phone quite a bit today so when I was on the land line at the church I took out my cell phone and snapped my picture. Tomorrow is my day off and I plan to go over to Henderson and get a few things done there. I will work on my thesis Friday morning and spend the afternoon with Dr. Harold Davis. If all goes well we will be home on Saturday.
Reading in the book of Exodus today I noticed that the Egyptians were ready to let the Israelites go when all their first born were dead. They exclaimed "we be all dead men." They did not insist on the Israelites leaving when it was a matter of discomfort. But when their lives were threatened they were ready to obey God's command. It seems like human nature is the same today. We are willing to put up with pain brought on by our sin but when it threatens our lives we are ready to obey. I should have been eating right and exercising all along but now that I am closer to the end of my life than the beginning I am ready to be obedient and take care of myself. God bless you.

No comments: