Thursday, September 2, 2010

Escargot

Escargot, does not taste like chicken
Jason and I took the kids for their first day of school.  We parked by the river and walked down narrow streets about a 1/4 of a mile to the school yard.  We waited with a group of children and parents numbering about 400 or so.  A woman I had met yesterday came up to me and spoke a long line of French words and in a bit she could, no doubt, see in my expression that I had no idea what she was saying.  I could make out that she knew I was Jason's father and that I did not speak English so she bid me good bye and walked off.  Jason, Andrew, and I went back to the car and then to the hospital to pick up Janie.  We went back to the school and got the kids for lunch.  Jason took them back to school and Janie and I took a nap. 
The Bible Study group, Magrie, France

Jason cooked our supper tonight before the Bible study.  We had smoked chicken, string beans, corn and escargot.  Jason and I were the only ones to eat the escargot.  For those who may not know what that is I have place a picture of it here.  They are snails and they were not bad at all.  They really don't have much taste and are not as slimy as you might think.  We cleaned up after supper and got ready for the arrival of the Bible study group.  There were five in attendance besides us.  Jason played the guitar and led the singing of two songs.  He turned it over to me for the lesson.  Three of the five did not speak English so Jason started off translating and then turned it over to the retired pastor of the church at Carcassonne to translate the rest of the way.  It was hard to keep up with me though I tried to keep it slow and simple.  We closed the service with a chain prayer and then visited a bit before the five left.  It was a good Bible study time and all seemed to enjoy it. 
Jason has gone to spend the night with Angie.  Janie and I will get the kids up and ready for school in the morning.  Jason will return to carry them to school and to take us to the Friday market day in town.  It will be a good morning of site seeing and shopping.  We will probably stay in town until noon when the kids get out for lunch. 
Angie and Arianna are doing fine.  I don't know when they will come home but we are looking forward to seeing them outside of the hospital.  I am going to check my email and head for bed. God bless you.

No comments: