Sunday, September 12, 2010

Desynchronosis

Our grandson, Andrew beside a tractor in France
Desynchronosis is the medical term for what is commonly called "jet lag."  I have a good dose of it this morning.  Yesterday I took a nap even though I had had a long nights sleep.  It is 4:14 in the morning as I am writing this blog.  I woke up about 3:00 and had a long talk with God.  After that prayer my heart was so full of joy I could sleep no longer.  I love the LORD.  I was praising Him this morning in my prayer.  His Spirit moved me to remember the moment when He took my sin, my sorrow, my shame and made them His very own.  He took that burden to Calvary and suffered and died alone.  In a moment of time God the Father took the blood of His dear Son and right there at the foot of the cross he washed me and cleansed me from every spot and stain of sin.  He took away my silly, foolish apron of fig leaves and covered my nakedness and shame with a garment of white; A garment that was washed and made white in the blood of the Lamb of God.  Thank you LORD for saving my soul! "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."  (John 17:3) Do you know the only true God and Jesus Christ whom God the Father has sent?  That journey begins with God the Father drawing you with His Holy Spirit by conviction of sin.  It continues when you listen to that conviction and repent of your sins.  That glorious journey continues on when you believe that Jesus is the Christ, The Savior of men.  The journey goes onward and upward when you seek through prayer His mercy and forgiveness.  It is a glorious moment when you are forgiven of your sin, and one you will never forget! 
Janie and me with our 5 grandkids in France
This morning I will preach from Matthew 11:28-30 "THE GREAT INVITATION FROM JESUS."  I love to preach God's Holy Word.  Jason was telling me about the counsel that a man who is very very good at helping preachers during difficult times gives.  He advises that preachers ought to take 3 Sundays off a year and get away.  The only way that I can see that as a good thing for me is if I can preach somewhere else those 3 Sundays or by not preaching it renews my hunger for preaching by showing me what life would be if I could not preach.  The LORD has blessed me this week with 9 opportunities to preach His Word.  Since I only preached once in the past 2 weeks I am very hungry for preaching.  My fast is over and I am going to feast this week.  God bless you.

No comments: