Friday, April 9, 2010

Father-in-law's Birthday


Today is my father-in-law's birthday. He turned 86 today. After breakfast I went back to the living room where he spends most of his day and visited with him. I looked up on the Internet and told him things about the year 1924 when he was born. It seems that Doris Day is just six days older than my father-in-law. He told me stories about his past and we had a good visit. We are going to have a party for him later on today.

I have been working on my thesis today putting in about four hours so far. I down loaded a book to my laptop that was written back in 1914 on the subject of the Song of Solomon. It is a good book though the author's arguments that the book should be taken allegorically are not sound. He does make some good points in the book and I am enjoying it. I have made six note cards so far. It is amazing that I can sit here in Chapman, Texas and without leaving my chair I can go to a library and buy a book for a dollar and read it immediately. Technology can be a wonderful thing.

I am going to need to run to town for my mother-in-law and to pick up a few things for the party. We will head over to Palestine, Texas in the morning to fix a leak at our daughter's house and do a little electrical work as well. Its back to Hillsboro Saturday night while Jason and his family spend the night in Henderson. They will be in Greenville, Texas Sunday morning and Mt. Pleasant, Texas Sunday night.

I have the Sermon for Sunday ready to go and the Sunday school lesson as well. I have not chosen the text for Sunday night yet, still thinking on it. The picture is of my daughter Sarah with her newest nephew, Elijah. God bless you.

No comments: