Wednesday, April 14, 2010

17 Cards


I made biscuits for breakfast this morning and enjoyed eating with the grandkids. I visited with them for about a half hour before heading off to the office. They will be leaving for France a week from Friday.

I worked on a number of things this morning before taking a lunch break. I printed out a list of church members who joined or church between 1930 and 1960. I gave that list to a couple of our ladies at church tonight and they marked the ones that they knew had died. We are trying to clean up our membership list and see if we can contact those who do not attend to see if they will start.

After lunch with the grandkids which consisted of fish sticks, macaroni and cheese, pork and beans, and sliced tomato, I headed back to the office and got to work on my thesis. I am in that phase of the thesis where you read a lot of books and make a lot of 3x5 cards with quotes from the books. I have read 5 books so far and have 17 cards. I am going to have to spend a lot of time on this project this summer because I have about 65 more books to read.

I am off to bed now because I have to get up at 5:00 in the morning and head for Dallas for Clint's surgery. I should be back home, if all goes well, about 2:00 or so. The first picture was of the supper we had in honor of my father-in-law's birthday. The second is of my mother on the left and Sis. Davis on the right. Janie and I sat behind them during the ladies auxiliary meeting yesterday. Janie and I sat many hours over the course of 18 years in these pews at Pleasant Hill. What we learned in this auditorium and the time we spent in these pews helped us greatly to raise our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. God bless you.

No comments: