Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sabbath


The word "sabbath" means rest. Today was a day of rest for me. I got up not feeling well this morning. I had a sore throat and stopped up head along with a headache. I took some medicine and by time for church I was feeling some better. We took a long nap this afternoon and though my throat is still sore I am feeling much better.

Clint Rogers had another good day today. That makes 7 in a row. They said that yesterday he opened his eyes just a little and just for a second or two. These signs of conscientiousness are very encouraging to his family. By no means is he out of the woods yet for he has a very long and slow recovery ahead. Keep praying for him. The picture is of Clint's brother and Father waiting to go in to see him.

We had good services today and our attendance was up. This week will be a busy one. We plan to make a trip tomorrow to Dallas to see Clint. Tuesday we plan to meet with the church in Hewitt for Bible study. It looks like they may be getting close to finding a pastor and we are praying that they will. Wednesday we will run the bus and Thursday we will go to Henderson. Saturday we will go back to Dallas again to check on Clint. That is our plans for now. Janie and I are looking into the possibility of taking our last week of vacation in October. If we can work it out and save our money we want to go and see our Son and his family in Limoux, France. By October it will be one year since we have seen them. We shall leave this up to the Lord and if He is willing we will go. God bless you.

No comments: