Saturday, April 4, 2009

Canton


We slept late this morning, a thing not often done. We went by and visited with my mother for a little bit and then headed to Canton, Texas. The picture above is one I took while we were visiting mother. I gave her a lesson on how to use her new satellite dish and I hope she want have any problems. I gave her a final exam after the lesson and she nearly passed it.

Janie wanted to get a Marine Corp flag for her father's birthday and there is a place that sells them at the trades day. There were many many people at the Canton First Monday Trades day and the traffic was really bad. We both enjoy the trades day at Canton. There is a lot to see and there is a place that sells home made ice cream which is my favorite stop. We usually have a cup of ice cream right before heading back to the car. The picture below is one I took today of Janie at one of her favorite booths.

Tomorrow is the Lord's day and we will spend it worshiping Him. The sermon will be from the book of John and will be the last one in that series. I have preached 116 sermons from the book of John. I have not finished the sermon for Easter Sunday as yet but have a good start on it. It will not be primarily about the resurrecting of Jesus, though that subject will come up. I have entitled it, at least for now, "Holy Holy Holy."
Well its off to bed now. I will be up at 6:00 am talking to my Lord. God bless you.

No comments: