Thursday, April 9, 2009

Private Birthday Party


We had a quite, private birthday party for my father-in-law this evening. Tomorrow will be the real celebration with about 20 people present. He was craving a German chocolate cake so Janie got him one and put a candle in the middle which he extinguished without any problem. We let him open a couple of presents after we cut and served the cake.

Earlier this afternoon we took Janie's uncle Trenton to a meeting of the members of the rural electric coop (pictured). It is a big deal with a big turnout of people. They have free BBQ and a chili cook off. Lots of entertainment and door prizes. It is an annual event and since he is on the board of directors he wanted to be there. We had a good time. I got a phone call while there from one of my church members that the mother of the child we had some problems with Wednesday night wanted to talk to me. I pray that I will be able to help her. God bless you.

No comments: