Friday, April 3, 2009

Chores


The day has gone well. I started my day with Bible reading and then took out the trash for my mother-in-law. Janie took off with her mother to Tyler and they plan to do some shopping while there. I have spoken to Janie a couple of times and they are having fun. I had my mother-in-law afraid that I would "get" her if she did not make sure that Janie bought herself an Easter dress. Janie handed her the phone after giving me instructions to tell her I was not serious. Janie wears a size 6 in a dress and she is tall and not petite. It is hard to find stores with that size of dress and in a style that she likes. I hope she finds one.

I went to the bank for my mother-in-law and then went by to see my mother. The shingles are looking better and she was taking a nap when I arrived. She feels fine and we had a good hour visit. The picture above is one I took of her as I was leaving her house today. I think I may have mentioned in an earlier blog that she carpeted and painted both her front and back porch and they look really nice. I stopped by to visit for a few minutes with my brother, Steve. He and Ralph are going hiking tomorrow. Steve was sitting on the porch looking at a map of the PCT. We looked at the sections he and I have hiked together which amounts to 78 trail miles. I enjoyed hiking with him and hope I well be able to do it again soon.

After having lunch with my father-in-law I finished typing the sermon for Sunday and then worked on the sermon for Sunday night. With that finished it was break time so I had a nice 1 hour walk. This picture is of a pond that is about 1/2 a mile from my in-laws. It was a beautiful day for a walk. Well blogging is not what I am suppose to be working on right now so I better get back to the prospectus. God bless you.

No comments: