Sunday, April 12, 2009

Door Prize


Rain did not keep us from having a good crowd at church today. We have another busy week ahead with our usual Monday morning nursing home visit and then Monday night we will go over to Henderson for the special day at the Seminary. They are going to put the names of all the preachers who come for the open house into a can and will draw names for door prizes. The door prize is that you get to preach. For preachers that is the best door prize of all. I hope and pray they will draw my name. We will return to Hillsboro Tuesday afternoon to attend the annual banquet at the nursing home. We have the district ladies auxiliary meeting on Saturday which means another good time of food and fellowship. It is stacking up to be a good week. The picture above is what my poor computer has to see when I am blogging.

I am wanting to find a hiking companion who lives here in Hillsboro. I enjoy hiking but would rather not hike alone. It is good to have company when your far off the beaten path. I want to hike the trail that starts at Kimball Bend state park. It is 12 1/2 miles long and I could walk it easily in one day. I may have Janie to drop me off one morning on the south end of the trail and come back late that afternoon and pick me up on the north end. If your interested in joining me just drop me an email and we will work out the details. It looks as though I will not be going to hike with my brother in California. He has his train ticket and is all packed to leave for the trail on the 24th of this month. I am thinking about trying for a permit to hike across the Grand Canyon. It is very hard to get a permit and I will have to fax in my request on May 1st. I will let you know if I am successful. I want to hike the Canyon in October for the weather will not be as hot. Janie would most likely stay in a motel in Flagstaff while I spend the night in the bottom of the Canyon. She would drop me off on the north rim and pick me up 2 days later on the south rim. That all depends on getting a permit which is very difficult but it want hurt to try. God bless you.

No comments: