Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Prisoner of Hope


I am a prisoner of hope. Hope has captured me. Our nation faces serious problems. Things are changing quickly and many around me are apprehensive even worried. I know the future of planet earth and there is coming a time of peace that the world has never known. My personal future is bright and I long to see it unfold. You see I know the King of Kings and nothing that men do will stop Him from coming again. My friend you can be a prisoner of hope too. Real hope is found in Jesus Christ the Lord. This Sunday the Christians of this world will celebrate the great hope that is found in a Savior who is very much alive today and will always be.

I preach at the nursing home in the morning and then will go to the bank and the post office. Then Monday afternoon will find me working on the sermons for next week. I will get some computer programing done, hopefully, tomorrow night. There have been some computer related projects that I have been putting off for quite some time and so before I forget how to program I will get to coding. We will be in Henderson on Thursday and Friday this week. Janie's parents have doctor appointments on Thursday and though his birthday is Thursday we will not celebrate my father-in-law's birthday until noon on Friday at what is sounding like a fairly large gathering of family. He will be 85 years old. I don't think I mentioned it but Janie did find her an Easter dress and a pant suit (pictured above is Janie modeling her pant suit for her mother). The other picture is of Janie showing her father the clothes that her mother bought on their Friday shopping spree. God bless you.

No comments: