Monday, April 6, 2009

Hike


Janie and I took a short hike today. We went over to Kimball Bend which is an old ghost town that has been made into a state park. There is a 12 1/2 mile hiking trail that starts there and we hiked for just a little ways down the trail. These pictures were taken on our outing. I plan to take a day sometime soon and hike this trail.

It was a good visit at the nursing home today. The service went very well. I got some work done on the sermon for Sunday. I read the text in Greek and checked the definition and translation of the words. I am putting together an explanation of the word Holy as used in Revelation chapter 4. With a firm grip on the meaning of this adjective one would have to agree with these angelic creatures God is Holy, Holy, Holy.
Tomorrow we have the Ladies Bible study here at the house and then after lunch we will be visiting a lady who has just moved here and is living in an assisted living facility. She called the church and asked to speak to with the pastor. I called her back and arranged to meet with her. Her mother and father use to be members of our church years and years ago. God bless you.

No comments: